Monday, August 20, 2012

2 week check-up

Today we took Mallorie for her 2 week check-up.  At birth she weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 21 in. long, with a head circumference of 13 in.  She is definately a growing girl.  She now weighs 8 lbs 5 oz., is 20 in. long (guess she shrunk in this area.lol) and her head circumference is now 14 1/2 in.  I am so incredibly thankful that I have a happy, healthy baby.  God is good!  She is in the 50 % in weight, 49% in heighth and 71% in head circumference.

Here is a little bit about my baby:

-A good eater---Very thankful for this--I prayed about it all during pregnancy.
-Not very fussy -----except when she gets too tired.  That is when we have heard the most crying.
-Does fairly well in the car.  There has been one time that she screamed bloody murder the whole way home...she was in tears in the car and then when I got her settled down when we got home I then cried.  I do not like for Mallorie to be upset.
-Loves her mommy---I've heard numerous comments about her being a momma's girl--I secretly love it! I also prayed that she would love me through pregnancy as well.lol
-Eats about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours
-We swaddle her at night but keep her arms out--she sleeps with them up by her ears---PRECIOUS!
-gives the most heart melting smiles
-makes funny noises ---sometimes it's like she is growling.hehe
-holds your hand stronger with her left hand (Daddy loves this b/c he is a lefty)
-Likes bath time
-Not a big fan of her swing
-Has us wrapped around her finger!


I love you Mallorie Kate!

5 comments:

  1. So precious! Maybe she secretly heard our comments about being taller than her momma so she's shrinking! lol Thanks for the post and keeping us up to date! Love you sweet Mallorie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to come and see her again! Precious baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete