Friday, December 14, 2012

Delicious!

At Mallorie's 4 Month check up the Dr. gave us the go ahead for starting rice cereal. I hadn't quite decided if I wanted to go ahead and start or wait until she was 6 months. The Dr. acted like it would just be for fun and good practice for her, but that I could wait as well. Well, I just got so excited the other day, and also am really hoping the old wives tale rings true and helps her sleep longer. Her first experience with solids was wonderful. I was a little nervous because she gagged really bad on her vitamins for a while and so I stopped giving them to her because I thought she was going to choke. We started consistently giving them to her after Thanksgiving and she is doing great now, but was having TERRIBLE gas and tons of it and Nathan realized that was the only thing that had changed, so we stopped them this week and Ta-Da, her gas is not as bad! We will start them back up next week, but I wanted to give her tummy a break- poor thing! Back to the cereal------Okay, so also when Lauri first gave Remi some solids (Squash)---he gagged on it because he didn't like it--- but, we thought he was choking and it was a crazy experience, so the consistency of her cereal was pretty liquidy with mostly breastmilk, but still had some thickness to it. Well she just loved it and would open her mouth up for more and not spit it out! It was too cute. I'm a proud Mama----a little sad because this means my baby is growing up! So here are pictures and hopes of a very restful night!hehe
 
 



 
 
To all you first time Mom's out there----don't forget to be VERY specific to your hubby when asking him to take a picture of you feeding your child.  I got on here to upload the pictures from tonight and was so excited to see a picture of me feeding Mallorie and hmmm....all we have is my arm.lol
 

(I am one proud Mama---but poor Mallorie was probably so embarrassed today....we went shopping and my hair looked like this! Isn't that nice!)





2 comments:

  1. Well I'm just now catching up on your posts and she looks like she really enjoyed the cereal. Can't believe she is getting so big. Sorry the sleep didn't happen....but it will!

    ReplyDelete